Aim & regulations
Conference Grants are aimed at supporting young researchers from International Target Countries to attend high profile international scientific events not specifically organised by the YOUNG-IN. Attendance at European conferences is preferred; conferences held elsewhere can be considered.
The applicant must
a) be a PhD student or young researcher (max 8 years passed from defence of the PhD) with a primary affiliation in an institution located in any of the following countries:
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Republic of North Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
b) be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow
c) have an oral/ poster presentation on the topic of the YOUNG-IN listed in the conference’s programme.
The evaluation of applications and selection of grantees is performed by the STSM Expert Panel. The grant is awarded to support covering participation fee, travel, accommodation, and meal expenses. Different grant amounts can be attributed to each trainee depending on effective needs and budgetary resources.
Call is OPEN! First evaluation round is in the End of January 2020
HOW TO APPLY?
The applicant has to complete the online application https://e-services.cost.eu/conferencegrant accompanied with the following documents:
- Application in PDF
- CV (including a list of academic publications – if applicable)
- A short description of personal involvement in this COST Action
- Acceptance letter from the conference organisers (confirming either your speaking slot or your poster presentation)
- A copy of the abstract or poster submitted to the conference.
WHEN TO APPLY?
The call is open until all grant funds are distributed.
NB! Due administrative reasons the Conference must take place before 28th March 2020.
HOW ARE PROPOSALS EVALUATED?
Submitted applications will be reviewed by the STSM/ITCCG Expert Panel. The following criteria will be considered when evaluating the application:
- How well is the presentation linked to the theme of YOUNG-IN?
- What is the contribution (current or planned) of the applicant to the activities of YOUNG-IN?
- What is the level and rank of the conference? (pan-European events of established research networks and associations will be given priority compared to the regional or national events)
- Paper presentations will be given priority over posters.
Slaven Gasparovic, University of Zagreb, Croatia, ITCCG Manager
Tali Heiman, The Open University, Israel
Marge Unt, Tallinn University, Estonia
AFTER THE CONFERENCE
After 30 days from the end date of the Conference the grantee has to submit either a certificate of attendance or a report to the ITCCG Manager. Failure to do so will cancel the Grant.